The blogs in this section are born sometime between the time I hit the bed and just before I go into a deep slumber. As funny as it may sound, think thatz when muh mind works in full gear and neurons are randomly fired! Sometimes they hit a nice pattern... And when it does, I remember it the next day morn!! And from now on, whenever I remember the pattern, you would get to read them over here!! Howizzit?! ;)

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Citizen of the World

I went to this management school called Thunderbird in Phoenix. Its the best school for International Management; consistently ranked Number 1 in International Management. If there is one thing about the school that I would always remember, its the quote from Socrates on the compound wall of the school. It says "I am not an Athenian ... or a Greek... I am a citizen of the world!" I found this super cool. And pretty soon, I heard every non-tbird say "wow" everytime I mention this. Except for this friend of mine :)) It all started over a very usual - "What did you have for lunch conversation" 

Friend : why do u need to take roti when there is rice? 
V : i am a roti person re. 
V : cant have a lot of rice 
V : except when it is biryani 
Friend : u got nothing tamilian in u! 
V : lol 
V : didnt i tell u? 
V : am the citizen of the world 
Friend : which world? 
V : which world??? 
V : apna world re.. planet earth 
V : DIDNT i tell u abt tbird and what the school believes? 
Friend : no u dint 
V : hmm dont know how i missed this one. i tell it to almost everyone i know 
V : tbird's motto was a quote from Socrates 
V : it said "I am not an Athenian or a Greek... I am a citizen of the world" 
V : this quote can be found sculpted on the compound wall of the school... 
V : tbird is a very international school, and you would find ppl from almost all countries in the world with a pretty good representation from all countries 
V : so it went along well with all the tbirds 
V : and most of the tbirds call themselves citizens of the world 
Friend : bullshit..all u ppl ended up being is confused ... 
Friend : with a fake yankee accent and may be got lucky for the first time... if you were lucky enough that is! 
V : WTF? #$%@#$%@$#

2 Comments:

Blogger Tapak said...

Hey . That is cool. I am also a strong believer in the citizen of the world. Also same thoughts on the stuff learned from REC. get to interact with people from different cultures and learned to respect others.

Continue blogging..

11:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socrates: "I am not an Athenian ... or a Greek... I am a S P A R T A N!!!" and kicks whoever is in front of him into a digital well.

Err....toom much of 300, i guess.

6:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home